A career within the plumbing and heating industry can be exciting as well as challenging. The demand within the industry is currently very high and this means there are many different jobs and opportunities available for those who are working in the field. If you have been working in the industry for some time now you may be thinking about reducing your workload or taking on a new opportunity that’s a bit different to the work you are used to.
APHC Certification may have the opportunity for you, it gives you the chance to stay in touch with latest developments in legislation and technology, while using your vast experience, knowledge, and skills in a new way.
We are looking for new Certification Assessors in our expanding certification team.
As a Certification Assessor, you will be part of an existing of highly skilled and experienced team of certification assessors who all play a key role within the wider certification team, carrying out compliance assessments of scheme applicants and certificated companies for Competent Persons Scheme (CPS) and Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).
This role would suit someone looking for flexible part time hours on a self-employed consultancy basis. This may fit in with another role or reduced flexible hours within the industry.
The successful applicant(s) will need to provide their own IT equipment and have a vehicle with business insurance.
What’s in it for you?
- Training in new technical areas, as required
- Full support to become a valuable certification assessor within the industry
- Meet like-minded companies and industry professionals seeking or maintaining their certification
- Be an ambassador for the industry certification body
- Get up to date technical, legislative and standards information
- Evidence of extensive experience in the plumbing and heating industry
- Hold an NVQ Level 3 in plumbing and heating, or equivalent
- Ability to write and prepare reports on technical inspections
- Good customer service skills
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients to achieve outcomes
- Wiliness to learn new working methods and systems
- Ability to work with energy, commitment, and resilience under pressure.
- Use IT to produce reports and email
If you want to discuss the role further, please call Graeme on 01217115030 or if you would like to apply, please submit a CV detailing your experience and qualifications to Graeme Dryden at email@example.com.